Elite Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Elite Warriors

Elite Warrior Clan Forums

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Yeah...

Go down 
+5
TINAWILLDIE
Genesic K.A.L.
Badger
CmndrCool
Wickwire
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Wickwire

Wickwire

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Yeah...   Yeah... EmptyTue Aug 28, 2007 7:49 pm

Well with school just about to start, me trying to get all the reading in, and now that I have Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, you won't see a whole lot of me. I'll get on every now and then and try to make some matches.
Back to top Go down
CmndrCool

CmndrCool

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-07-18

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... EmptyTue Aug 28, 2007 10:17 pm

Aight
Back to top Go down
http://cmndrcool.page.tl/
Badger
Admin
Badger

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-05-17

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... EmptyWed Aug 29, 2007 5:31 pm

Blast. I'm getting Metroid Prime 3 tomorrow.

(I love life!)

Badger
Back to top Go down
Wickwire

Wickwire

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... EmptyWed Aug 29, 2007 6:12 pm

I must say, the second boss fight is probably one of the most epic Metroid fights ever. It's so insanely awesome, and it's timed, which pressure on you to win.
Back to top Go down
Genesic K.A.L.

Genesic K.A.L.

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-05-19

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... EmptyWed Aug 29, 2007 7:18 pm

Wickwire wrote:
I must say, the second boss fight is probably one of the most epic Metroid fights ever. It's so insanely awesome, and it's timed, which pressure on you to win.

Man, Prime 3 has been out for 2 days now and the friggin' Walmart close to me still doesn't have it. I could easily get it if I drove for an hour... but I lack the vehicle powers to do such a thing. Damn Walmart for not caring about vidya games.
Back to top Go down
Wickwire

Wickwire

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... EmptyWed Aug 29, 2007 9:07 pm

I would tell you the boss fight, but you and Badger still haven't played it. Of course, if you don't care, I'll you.

It's gonna be a long game. I actually had to change some settings. Aiming is so friggin' hard at the beginning, especially with the default settings. For those of you who know, you can lock on an enemy and you'll follow it. Well the default settings do that, but the lock on and aiming is complete seperate. I had to turn it off so my curser wouldn't move once I locked on.

Overall, the graphics are amazing, especially on my HDTV. Besides the lock on thing, which I fixed, the gameplay is very smooth. The interaction is awesome. Yanking the shield off of enemies is so satisfying. Even the puzzles offer some challenge at the beginning. (You get to go to a different planet after the second boss fight. This one area in it got me so confused. Got past it though)
Back to top Go down
TINAWILLDIE

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-07-12

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Rawr   Yeah... EmptyThu Aug 30, 2007 9:42 am

well i looked for it at walmart(yea walmarts around the world must be like this) and i didnt find it i also wanted to see hills have eyes 2 but they didnt have that OR RISISTINCE AND SONIC THE HEDGEHOG so i was like so pissed so i went to a best buy but only got risistince,and hills have eyes.no sonic or metroid.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Admin
Badger

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... EmptyThu Aug 30, 2007 1:36 pm

Just a tip: Always play with the advanced control settings. I've heard it feels a TON better.

Badger
Back to top Go down
Wickwire

Wickwire

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... EmptyThu Aug 30, 2007 1:59 pm

Hmm. I've been using the default senstivity. I'm about to go play it, so I'll try out the advanced sensitivity.
Back to top Go down
Genesic K.A.L.

Genesic K.A.L.

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... EmptyThu Aug 30, 2007 2:30 pm

TINAWILLDIE wrote:
well i looked for it at walmart(yea walmarts around the world must be like this) and i didnt find it i also wanted to see hills have eyes 2 but they didnt have that OR RISISTINCE AND SONIC THE HEDGEHOG so i was like so pissed so i went to a best buy but only got risistince,and hills have eyes.no sonic or metroid.

Your Walmart fails harder than mine, 'cause I bought Resistance and saw that Sonic game. Would never buy it though, even if someone gave me the money.
Back to top Go down
Wickwire

Wickwire

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... EmptyThu Aug 30, 2007 5:34 pm

Yeah, if you're used to FPS, then go with the advanced sensitivity. You turn so much quicker. You may need a steady hand for precise aiming, but it's possible.

Also, they really amped up the difficulty of this game, and I'm playing on normal. The Space Pirates are like twice as powerful as they were, and you fight a lot of them. Some of them wear light armor and some wear heavy armor. It takes 2-3 missiles just to get the armor off, and the heavy armor can't be damaged by your power beam. (The armor they wear absorbs beam weapons like it's nothing. Takes so much to destroy it without missiles. Btw, that's just light armor. I explained heavy armor above) Heck, even some of the Pirate Aerotroopers have armor, and they take 2 missiles to take out without armor. The other enemies themselves take more than usual damage too.

I just beat the first "Important Boss." (By that, I mean it's one of those fights where you win and something big with the storyline happens) This boss was a beast. I'm certain you will have no friggin' idea how to beat the guy the first time. When I finally figured it out, I had no health. Also, since you have to use Hypermode for certain parts of the battle, it made it harder. (Hypermode is a double-edged sword, if ya know what I mean) A truly great fight however.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Admin
Badger

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... EmptyThu Aug 30, 2007 6:17 pm

How are the graphics?

Badger
Back to top Go down
Wickwire

Wickwire

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... EmptyThu Aug 30, 2007 7:01 pm

The graphics look like improved Metroid Prime 2 Echoes graphics. Everything has a more sleek look to it. You actually get to see Samus without her helmet at the very very beginning of the game. She looks exactly like she did in the previous Prime game. But the scenery is nice. At the very beginning of the game when the action starts, you can look out windows and watch a huge space battle. But I play this game on an HDTV, so I'm getting the best experience out of it.

Oh, I almost forgot. Scan almost everything, mostly the creatures, lore, and research. You get these tokens that you use to unlock bonus material. Everytime you scan something that goes in your logbook, beat a boss, find a shortcut, or save your allies, you get these tokens. There's five different kinds and different actions give you different ones.

Btw, know how I said the Space Pirates are more powerful? So are the Galactic Federation troopers. They can enter their own Hypermode like Samus can, but they have the Phazon stored in backpacks. In fact, some enemies I've faced have gone into Hypermode and become four times tougher.

Also, this is why Hypermode is a double-edged sword. First, when you enter Hypermode, you're literally god-like. You're invincible, your basic shot rivals the missile in damage, and you get special attacks. (I already have one) But there's a catch. You need to have over one energy tank to activate it. When you do, you lose that energy tank. When you exit Hypermode, you regain about half of that energy tank back. You can stay in Hypermode for about 15 or 20 seconds until you start to become corrupted. When the corruption thing happens, you need to mash on the fire button to drain Phazon or you die. I've also had random moments where I started to become corrupted and I wasn't in Hypermode. I think certain attacks activate it.
Back to top Go down
Wickwire

Wickwire

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... EmptySat Sep 01, 2007 1:18 pm

So you guys got it yet? I just got a coin for doing a stylish kill. You also get a coin for every 100 enemies destroyed. I'm past 600 so far. It seems there are quite a few ways of getting coins.
Back to top Go down
Lange

Number of posts : 9

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... EmptySat Sep 01, 2007 6:08 pm

TINAWILLDIE wrote:

Donot buy Sonic The Hedgehog. It is a suckass game worst Sonic game ever made. I know this because i've read reviews all over the net and am a member of one of the biggest Sonic fan sites and people there all say it suck. its Average score is 50%. So I say again DONOT BUY it unless you a a extremely forgiving Sonic fan. the story is awsome but its full of glitches andthe game mechanics are screwed.

Anyway im really hyped about prime 3. I hope to buy it soon.
Back to top Go down
Genesic K.A.L.

Genesic K.A.L.

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... EmptySun Sep 02, 2007 4:00 am

Wickwire wrote:
So you guys got it yet? I just got a coin for doing a stylish kill. You also get a coin for every 100 enemies destroyed. I'm past 600 so far. It seems there are quite a few ways of getting coins.

I bought it on Thursday, beat the first part and got to the next planet before stopping to let Caz play. It was badass. I played randomly for the next few days, but Caz beat it today.

I really like the way the targeting is set up. Though, it takes a friggin' while to get used to.
Back to top Go down
Wickwire

Wickwire

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... EmptySun Sep 02, 2007 11:53 am

Sheesh, did Caz play it 24/7? I've only put abput seven hours in the game so far. Then again, I've been busy doing stuff since I bought it.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Admin
Badger

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... EmptySun Sep 02, 2007 2:22 pm

I'm on the second planet still. Sad

Badger
Back to top Go down
Wickwire

Wickwire

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... EmptySun Sep 02, 2007 4:16 pm

Bryyo, right Badger? I just got off Elysia and I'm on the Pirate Homeworld. Badger, you'll eventually be able to get to the G.F.S Valhalla, but don't bother. You need to get items from other worlds to go anywhere in it, so just explore the other planets till it's time.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Admin
Badger

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... EmptySun Sep 02, 2007 7:21 pm

Thanks for spoiling the whole frickiny frackin' game!!!

Smile J/K

Badger
Back to top Go down
Wickwire

Wickwire

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... EmptySun Sep 02, 2007 9:13 pm

Just thought I'd tell you, since I've been there twice and both times I felt it is was a waste of time.
Back to top Go down
Genesic K.A.L.

Genesic K.A.L.

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... EmptyMon Sep 03, 2007 9:40 pm

Wickwire wrote:
Sheesh, did Caz play it 24/7? I've only put abput seven hours in the game so far. Then again, I've been busy doing stuff since I bought it.

Lol, no. It only took 10 hours. Then he got bored and started playing Metroid Prime on hard mode. Beat it all but the final form of Metroid Prime itself. Lol, got it down to nothing and died. He's still trying (right now, actually), and this morning he started a file for Corruption on Hyper Mode.

I'm still in SkyTown.
Back to top Go down
Wickwire

Wickwire

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... EmptyMon Sep 03, 2007 10:33 pm

I'm pretty far in the game. I've found myself collecting a lot of the expansion packs in search for some items I need. (Guess what, it's for the friggn' Valhalla thing) Of course this means I'm going over each area again to see what I missed or couldn't get to at the time. As in old Prime games, they give you these clues that give you barely any info on where to find these pieces, and it's kinda annoying.

Btw, I doubt Caz finished that game in 10 hours. Unless he skipped every enemy he had to fight, (excluding the ones you have to fight of course), didn't read any cutscenes, and didn't scan anything except for the ones needed, then it's possible, but barely.

I do everything, and I take the time to read the Lore and enemies I scan. (I like details)I scan anything possible, especially the logbook stuff. Also, if I see an expansion, I find a way to get it. Plus, reading the Lore makes the storyline make so much more sense, especially dealing with the Space Pirates.

Btw, I need to figure how to get friends and stuff. Some of the bonus material you can unlock in the game require green coins. The only way to get green coins is to have a friend send you a voucher, which are the grey coins. I'd be happy to send you guys vouchers if I can figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Admin
Badger

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 8:46 am

I'll give you my friend code sometime. I've never done it before, but I'm sure I can figure it out.

Badger
Back to top Go down
Wickwire

Wickwire

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 2:07 pm

I need to set up the Internet on the Wii. I haven't viewed anything that requires it, so I never got to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yeah... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah...   Yeah... Empty

Back to top Go down

Yeah...
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Warriors :: Main :: General-
Jump to: